:::

Introduction

:::

Brief History

The Department of Transportation and Communication Management Science was founded in 1955 as part of the Taiwan Provincial College of Engineering. It was the first educational program to focus on transportation in Taiwan and was originally named the “Department of Transportation and Communication Management.” The Department grew steadily overtime, changing to its current name in 1974, adding an evening program in August 1976, establishing the Master’s program in August 1977 and culminating with the Doctoral program in August 1988.

The Joint Entrance Examination for Taiwanese Universities listed the undergraduate program with the natural sciences when the Department was first founded. The program was later listed with the social sciences (1966), but returned to its original category in 1974 when the Department was renamed. In 1984, the Commission of Joint Entrance Examination restructured the classification of Taiwanese undergraduate programs. The natural sciences became part of a newly-formed Second Group consisting of sciences and engineering subjects.

Initially, the graduate institute was named “Transportation Engineering and Management.” In light of the country's growing demand for transportation planning and its pertinent expertise, it was renamed to its current name as the “Graduate Institute of Transportation and Communication Management Science” in 1978.
cron web_use_log